Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program is enabled by the Government of Canada to reunification with your family members. Every year, the Government of Canada will welcome 10,000 applicants. The parents and grandparents (PGP) sponsorship program are for Canadian citizens and permanent residents who wants to sponsor their parents and grandparents to Canada for permanent residency.
IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) has decided some criteria to bring your parents or grandparents to stay with you in Canada. If a Canadian citizen or permanent resident wants to bring their parents or grandparents to Canada permanently, then; they have to follow the procedure and eligibility criteria to process their application further:
- The sponsor should be 18 years old.
- They should hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residence.
- They should submit evidence of financial ability to take care of their parents or grandparents.
- The sponsor should be eligible to sponsor their parents or grandparents.
- They should submit the medical documents of their parents or grandparents.
- They should submit the police clearance certificate of their parents or grandparents.
- They should sign an undertaking agreement promising to provide basic requirements for the person being sponsored.
- They should also prove that the sponsor has sufficient funds to render basic requirements of their family in Canada and for the people included in their sponsorship.
Benefits of PGP:
Advantage of Parents Sponsorship Canada is to reunite with their loved ones. Why because family is the backbone of any person. If the PGP of your parents or grandparents is approved, then your parents or grandparents can enjoy the benefits. The benefits include free healthcare, the right to approve citizenship if they can work over there also. Parents or grandparents can get a higher quality of life and comfort with utmost care.