Like other immigration categories, family class sponsorship has specific prerequisites:
- The Applicant is at least 18 years old.
- The applicant should be a Permanent Resident, Canadian Citizen, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
- If the applicant is a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, then they should prove they have a plan to come to Canada while the person they want to sponsor gets permanent Residents.
- Applicant should prove they are not receiving Social Assistance (Except Disability)
- Applicant should provide the basic needs for the person who they want to sponsor
Who can I sponsor?
You should choose to Sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, dependent children, and dependents if any.
a) Age Limit under 22 years old
b) Don’t have a spouse and partner.
After these two prerequisites your children will qualify.